Saturday, December 27, 2008

Annotated Chess Opening Feature on jrobichess.com

I have finished the first example of the new annotated chess opening PGN feature of the main site www.jrobichess.com. One of my big goals with 2009 is to get a lot of these online with my annotations from personal research. The first one I have uploaded is the English Attack in the Sicilian Najdorf variation. Here's a snapshot of the main page where it can be opened:














It's going to be a lot of work, but I think it will be a fun process overall. Along with the Chess Viewer Deluxe which shows my annotations along with different move orders in certain positions, I have also placed a computer in the starting positions for practice from both black and white.

I am excited about the process in general, as I will have to revisit a number of openings to annotate the PGN file. Even with my previous videos on openings I have the move orders, but didn't annotate the PGN's. This project should reinforce things a lot for me, and be a useful resource to check on occasion for overall practice. The plan is to create annotated PGN's for for the videos I have already done and then go from there.

No comments: